For 1D line formation calculations we provide spatially and temporally averaged stratifications from the Stagger-grid models for four different reference depth scale. In Paper II, we compared the different reference depth scales and found that the averages taken on constant column mass density gives the best results in comparison with full 3D LTE spectral line calculations.
For p-mode calculations, we will provide in the near-future the suitable averages.
If you refer to the <3D> models, please use Magic et al. 2013b as reference.
Reference depth scales
The reference depth scale will have strong influence on the <3D> models, in particular for hot metal-poor models, which exhibit stronger temperature fluctuations due to the lack of metals. The following name suffixes indicate, which reference depth scale is considered:
- thavn: averges on constant optical depth with Rosseland
- t5havn: averges on constant optical depth at 500 nm
- rhavn: averages on constant column mass density
- havn: averages on constant geometrical depth
1D Spectral synthesis codes
- MOOG 1D LTE code Chris Sneden
- SYNTHE 1D LTE code by Bob Kurucz
- Turbospectrum 1D LTE code by Bertrand Plez